Here's a cool gadget to add on to your spread of gear. Get the Matrix LED lighting, introduced by Aputure Photo Tech Co recently. Called Amaran, the video lights come in three versions, the 126, 160 and 198 LED bulbs per light.
|The Amaran on our DSLR camera.|
Physically, the Amaran is small and lightweight making it easier to carry around. Since it has a 16:9 widescreen design and thin borders, the light range is wider. We used the NP-FM500H battery to power up the Amaran. Alternatively, the Amaran can be powered up using 6 AA batteries too. To use the Amaran, simply connect it to your camera by hot shoe.
What we like about this product:
- Controllable lighting and brightness
- Enhances photography subject
- Almost heat-free
- Long lifespan (up to 50,000 hours) & power saving
- Portable and lightweight
- Can be used on DSLR and video camera
What we dislike about this product:
- Battery option is limited to either AA batteries or a range of Sony (compatible) batteries.
If you're looking for professional lighting quality as seen on TV, go get one. Yes, you've been warned!!
|The Amaran upclose.|
More information about this cool gadget here.